SBE 1
Last month, I went to a school near my house for SBE (School-based Experience). There I gain a lot of experience even though it was only for 7 days.
Honestly, I don't want to be a teacher. Being a teacher is nowhere to be found in my dream occupation list from the second I know what is job, until I need to fill in my UPU. Yet, my father and older brother want me to be one.
During SBE, I found that school nowadays was very different from school on my days. First of all, there's a vary in way of teaching. In my days, teachers only teach us using chalk and talk method. The textbooks were very old-school and we barely used digital multimedia in our learning session. Nowadays, teachers teaching method is more student-centered and the use of digital multimedia is very common. Their textbooks are colourful and thin too.
By being a week long kinda teacher, I found out that, being a teacher is not that bad. It's kinda nice being around a kids. Even though it's quite hard to control them to me it's was fine. I can handle them. When I met a weak students I can't help myself from helping them to make sure they gain something from my class. Yes, I am not allowed to teach during SBE. However, somehow I have to relief some class to fill in the empty seats of some teacher who affected by COVID-19.
There were only 2 students from IPG who doing SBE at that school. It was nice to meet her. Even though there were only 2 of us, our days were full of activities at school. From interviewing teachers and reliefing classes. Perhaps, I did enjoy this occupation. I hope that if I ever became a teacher, I'll be able to help my students to painting their future.
Comments