Parting ways.
I started my car, 10
minutes before 7.30 in the morning. Driving alone in the rain and slippery
road. Today was the last day of my third School Based Experience in SK Bukit
Jelutong. This cold weather somehow made me feel somber and gloomy. Everything
seems dark and grey.
5 days of experience in
this school made me feel sad that today might be the last time I could step foot there.
The warm welcome by the vice principals and other senior teacher made me feels
happy and relieved that I chose this school as my last school for my SBE. I could say that this might be the best school I ever went to for my SBE. Especially because
of my guidance teacher. She was very kind and supportive and even though she
was busy, she still helped me with my SBE stuff and fix my lesson plan for my
coursework. I very respect her as a teacher.
Yesterday, another
teacher said that they would make a potluck to celebrate the end of the school semester.
So, my only SBE friend, Amirah and I were joining hands to buy a cake as a thank-you
gift to the school’s teachers. Everyone seemed busy this Friday. Some teachers
were preparing a chicken curry while others were doing their end-of-the-year
report. We put our cake on the potluck table, hoping that everyone would love
it. At 12p.m. sharp, everyone was taking part in enjoying the potluck. The
curry was perfect and all the other foods were finger-licking.
We went to a year 6 class
for relief. Everyone was busy doing their own activity with their friends. Some
were playing chess and board games while others were playing football in a
class which was quite worrying. Some pupils were giving their shirts to their classmates
to scrabble their signatures.
2.00 p.m. the school bell
rang. The calm teachers’ room was now full of year 6 students looking for their
teacher with teary eyes and gifts in their hands. They snapped their last selfie
together and hugged their teacher tightly as if they do not want to let go. Empty
balcony in front of the year 6 classroom was now full of students. They hug
each other and tell their friends their last wishes before they were apart. Their
crying became the melody of the day. Some of them were scared of their unknown
future while others were excited to become a young adults. This world is how it
is. No matter how much you love others, when the time comes, you will be apart.
Comments