I'm Afraid.

I'm afraid that I might fail

If I fail...

My family will see me as a dead weight

My friends will see me as a burden

I will see myself as a failure


I'm afraid of uncertainty

Not sure of things that might ruin my plan

Feeling insecure about things that can rip me apart

Leaving myself with my broken soul and heart


I'm afraid of hope

Chasing my dreams while there's a big wall of reality

Asking for the sun while others just left me with ice-cold memories

Hoping for help while there's only my voice keeps echoing


I'm afraid of being alone

Knowing myself that full of hole

Live like a beggar that asks for a soul 

for some warm sincere smile

While knowing that I'll be leaving alone for more than a while

Comments

Danish Eaiman said…
Fear is inevitable. But, we will get through it.
Afi Azfar said…
what an inspiring piece of work!
Han said…
Failure is the first step to success. Don't give up and keep going on <3
Danieal Haikm said…
This poem is really deep but convey clear ideas of the poet feelings. Good job.
Love this one ❤️ keep it up!!